Events during the second quarter, 2023Published 7/3/2023
Continued strong demand for commercial premises in central Gothenburg has resulted in a number of new lets during the quarter. Wallenstam has completed 558 apartments in five projects in Gothenburg, Härryda and Uppsala, and also started the construction of 172 apartments in the Ädellövet project in Farsta, Stockholm. All in all, Wallenstam had 1,236 apartments under construction as of June 30, 2023.
Demand for commercial premises in central Gothenburg is still strong. During the quarter, several new lets and extensions of existing leases were made. Some examples of larger new lets in Gothenburg include the Swedish Prison and Probation Service (approx. 3,700 sq m), Surgical Science Sweden AB (approx. 900 sq m) and the City of Gothenburg (approx. 800 sq m). In Stockholm, approx. 350 sq m on the floor above Wallenstam's office have been let to Wahlstedt Sageryd Financial Services AB.
During the quarter, Wallenstam completed 558 rental apartments in the following projects:
- 189 apartments in Kallebäcks Terrasser Kv. 7, Gothenburg. The project is fully completed.
- 158 apartments in Kallebäcks Terrasser Kv. 8, Gothenburg. The project involving a total of 266 apartments is now fully completed.
- 128 apartments in Kv. Skogsvaktaren in Mölnlycke Fabriker, Härryda. The project is fully completed.
- 65 apartments in Bersån, Uppsala. The project involves a total of 98 apartments.
- 18 apartments in Kompositören, Uppsala. The project involves a total of 185 apartments.
In May, construction started of the Ädellövet project, which is located close to a lake in Larsboda, Farsta. The 172 rental apartments will range in size from studio to 3 bedrooms and will be spread among four building bodies. All in all, Wallenstam had 1,236 apartments under construction as of June 30, 2023.
On April 3, Wallenstam vacated the commercial property Dragarbrunn 20:6 in Uppsala that was sold to Bonnier Fastigheter, which was announced in a press release on March 9, 2023.